Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Some time with dad

A busy man went home late one night to meet his son sitting at the base of the stairs. He wondered why his boy was sitting there alone. "Hey sonny," the man started, "what are you doing here?" "Dad, let me ask you a question, how much do you make in a day?" Surprised by the boy's question, the father asked "why do you ask?" The boy did not answer, "how much do you make in an hour?" he asked again. "I make about Gh¢50, are you okay now?" "Please give me Gh¢25" "For what!" Replied the father angrily. "What do you need Gh¢25 for? Come on, off to bed!" The little boy got up and slowly walked with his head bowed to his room, leaving his father wondering. After a while, he decided to give it to him anyway, and maybe he really needed it.(after all, he could afford it.) He made his way to his son's room, and opened the door. "Are you asleep?" he asked into the darkness. "No." "Here son, maybe I was too harsh a little earlier on, here's the money, but tell me what you are going to use it for." The boy sat up, took the money from his dad, lifted his pillow, and brought out a number of crumpled Gh¢1 notes. Then he added the money and said, "dad, If I offer you Gh¢30, will you spend one hour with me tommorrow?"

aww.

How much time do we spend with people who are close to us? Are we so close to our businesses and schools that we cant even spend time together? Spread the love. The world will be a better place if we all we caring about one another. Remember Jesus who said, "whatever you do to the least of my brethren, you are doing to me." The choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment